Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Building a Naya budget deck, Part I

I decided to give Naya a try and build a deck based on the shard. I won't be spending much money on it because I have other cards to trade. I had most of the cards, bought few commons and here we are.

I've just started, so I'll need to find few more fatty creatures for an unpleasant beating of the opponent. I think there are enough mana fixers, removals but the deck lacks the giant beasts. Of course, filter lands could fit too, but they're not what I call "budget deck" cards.

Here we go.

NAYA BUDGET DECKLIST

CREATURES:
3 x Mogg Fanatic
2 x Druid of the Anima
2 x Steward of Valeron
4 x Wild Nacatl
4 x Woolly Thoctar

SPELLS:
4 x Incinerate
4 x Soul's Fire
4 x Oblivion Ring
4 x Giant Growth
2 x Fertile Ground
1 x Titanic Ultimatum

PLAINSWALKERS:
3 x Ajani Vengeant

LANDS:
2 x Jungle Shrine
2 x Naya Panorama
7 x Forest
7 x Mountain
5 x Plains


That would be it. I'll make some changes as soon as possible, like kicking out the Fertile Ground and Naya Panorama for something better, like huge beasts or Naya Charm, because I have (more than) enough mana sources. And another thing, I must take back my bad words for Shards of Alara. It's a great set, far from worse. I really enjoy playing this kind of deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search